- Celebrating Thanksgiving in Waco. We had lots of fun spending time with Greg's family, watching Hollyn be totally crazy, and hanging out with Greg's extended family and cousins. We had yummy food and enjoyed the Aggies beat the Longhorns! I got to go Christmas shopping with Greg’s mom while poor Jill was so so sick and the boys went hunting.
- Getting an early start on Christmas shopping…I have much more Christmas gifts purchased than I did at this time last year
- Christmas decorating! I bought our first full size tree this year - yay! It may not have many ornaments, and we may not have a tree skirt yet, and there might not be a star on top, but c’mon, minor details.
- Training my little cake apprentice.
- Flying to St. Louis with Greg and my parents to see one of my oldest friends (as in long-time friend, not elderly) get married. St. Louis was a really neat city. Christine (“Chrissy”) was married at the most beautiful church and the reception was super fancy. We had a great time and even made some time to stop by the zoo for a bit.
- Getting to meet Cayden! My best friend Lindsay had a precious baby boy a few weeks ago. I got to see him the day he was born and then again a week later. Lindsay did so wonderful. She had a (relatively) easy labor and baby Cayden is perfect.
- Crafting! I have had a lot of fun making a couple of crafts recently but cannot post about them until later because they are Christmas gifts.
- Going to the Nutcracker Market with some girls from my Bible study class. So much stuff there! I think the food samples were my favorite though.
- Eating lots of soup and using my crockpot. Here are some of my favorite recipes that I have found so far for the crock pot (not all of these recipes are soups).
Hearty Pasta Tomato Soup
Mexican Crock Pot Chicken (for soft tacos) (thanks to Lesley for posting about this one)
Now I am looking forward to going to the Christmas show at our church with some of our neighbors. There are tickets for sale here if anyone wants to go. Last year there we live animals - including an elephant! Y'all know how I love animals!