Greg took Cambry on her first official (tent) camping trip this past weekend. They went with their friends the Ramseys. Cambry has been talking about camping non stop this past week as they got ready to go. She was excited about her new pink sleeping bag, camping chair, and kite. Lainey and I stayed home since I don't think Lainey is quite ready for tent camping yet. And it was fun for Cambry to have some daddy/daughter time. They had perfect camping weather and they all had a good time!
Sunday, March 8, 2015
I am getting so behind in blogging! I am going with the catch-all random list here.
1. I recently listened to the podcast Serial and it was so addicting. I hope they come out with a second one.
2. We went to Waco a couple weeks ago and had a great time. It is always fun watching the cousins play together. And I love big families. It was fun that with Greg's parents and siblings and spouses and kids we all played a little make shift baseball game in the backyard. The girls also did some shopping which is always fun.
3. Our church had a PNO recently and this time we went to dinner with 2 other couples to Taste of Texas. It was so much fun! I can't even remember the last time we went out with couple friends without kids. Dare I say YEARS? We had such a good time and the kids did great in child care. I don't even think Cambry wanted to leave and Lainey may have been the only one in her room not crying. Extremely grateful for this.
4. While other cities are stuck at home for snow days we have been stuck at home for sick days this week. The girls and I have been sick since Tuesday so we have pretty much cancelled everything and stayed at home. Now Greg has the cough too. I was sad to miss my moms group this week because we had a favorite things party. But my friend Joan still too my stuff so I did get to participate in a way. Hopefully this sickness will be leaving soon and we can have a better week.
5. I can't remember if I mentioned this at Christmas time but in case I didn't I need to document that Cambry pronounces Bethlehem as "Beckleham" and it is the cutest thing ever. She still mentions it occasionally and I never correct her. I am hoping she always says it this way :)