Monday, January 5, 2009

2 Tags in 1

I have been tagged by Erin to put up the fourth picture in my fourth folder. I think this is a cute picture. It is Greg's Uncle and cousin sitting at the end of the pier at his other Uncle's house, taken last year at the Mattern family Christmas. This is also the pier upon which we got engaged :)


I have also been tagged by Jill to post 10 Honest things about myself. I loved her 10. They were about as honest as you can get and I really admire that. Thanks Jill for sharing!

1) Before I got married, I actually thought that I would somehow be able to look "pretty" all the time. But then I find myself walking around with baggy pj's tucked into my "moon boots" (that my sis gave me and are oh so warm and comfy), with hideous hair, and zit medicine on my face, and I realize.....the secret's out.

2) I am not good having very deep conversations. I would much rather keep things light and funny, as you can tell by most of my blogs. I wish I was more of a deep thinker and admire people who can really pour their heart out with eloquent words and deep thoughts. I usually get self-conscience and over-analyze everything about how people will interpret my thoughts on deep subjects when I try to write them down.

3) I didn't know boys didn't use toilet paper when they pee until I got married.

4) I like to be around people. I think things are always more fun when friends are around. I always wanted to have the kind of apartment neighbors that were like your best friends, that just pop into your house at anytime to watch a TV show or eat a cookie or tell you a ridiculous story. Unfortunately, I have only seen our neighbor 4 times. But I do like to have friends over as much as possible.

5) I like to maintain the image of having a clean and tidy apartment. So sometimes things like this happen.

6) I have tried on a shirt before and thought to myself "I will look really cute in this shirt when I'm pregnant". Anyone else ever have this thought?

7) I don't know anything about politics and don't like watching political news. I feel like I should be more involved and do more research on candidates, especially ones further down the ballot, but I am just plain lazy in this area.

8) The other week while watching What Not To Wear, I the girl in need of fashion help displayed in the 3 way mirror, 2 of the exact shirts that I own. Greg looks at me and says, Hey I think you have that shirt. Yikes!

9) I am my mother. Now, understand, mom is amazing and would love to be able to be the kind of loving mom, wife and person she is. She is so creative and talented, has amazing taste, is an excellent decorator, and is completely selfless. Now I don't live up to all that, but I see all the time in the little things I do that are just like her. My sister and I used to tease her incessantly about her obsession with all things beige or brown...BORING. Now guess what color I love? Yep, that's right. Also, last week I bought a plastic mini file-folder from the Target dollar spot to carry around in my purse. I labeled various section - coupons, receipts, gift cards, etc. And then I realized my mom probably has that exact same thing in her beautiful brown purse.

10) I still haven't used my crockpot.....Yeah....I know.

The honesty tag was sort of fun, so I am tagging the following people who don't blog as often as I would like, and I would like to read more :) Chelsi, Melissa, Jenny Perot, Cody (if you read this and would like to take up blogging again), Liz Ramsey, Emily Smith, and Stephanie Turner.

5 comments:

Erin said...

#3 is awesome! :-)

Anonymous said...

You are Mom, I guess that makes me next. Kara and I made new years resolutions to start regularly blogging. Guess you have to come up here to help me make a blog.

Shevawn said...

Ha ha! First of all... did't know about the toilet papet until we got married, too!!! ha ha

I must say, I have tried on several shirts and said to myself, "ooohh.. I'll have to wear this when I'm pregnant, or that will be such a cute preggars shirt." Sadly, I tend to like the shirts in maternity section at target a lot! :)

I love your posts! Sad we haven't seen each other in 3 or so years!!! You seem to be doing great! :)

Shevawn said...

Ha ha! First of all... did't know about the toilet papet until we got married, too!!! ha ha

I must say, I have tried on several shirts and said to myself, "ooohh.. I'll have to wear this when I'm pregnant, or that will be such a cute preggars shirt." Sadly, I tend to like the shirts in maternity section at target a lot! :)

I love your posts! Sad we haven't seen each other in 3 or so years!!! You seem to be doing great! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha, great! I will have to think of ten things that I can share with the world. :) Also, tell me more about these moon boots! I'm intrigued!