Sunday, May 22, 2011

Grosse Family Maycation

This year's Grosse Family vacation was to Dauphin Island, Alabama. We spent last week relaxing, laying on the beach, and enjoying family game nights. It was so much fun! Unfortunately I don't have a good picture of all of us. Our camera was having issues during the group photo shoot, but my parent's got a good one so hopefully I can get a hold of that one soon.

Obviously we had to take some jumping pictures, cause that is just who we are.




Lauren looking graceful like a ballerina.



All of my jumping pictures were hideous so I am not posting them. But let's not forget who the photog was in these pictures - so I do get credit for doing at least something.

This one was pure luck. This was just supposed to be a shot of Greg. I didn't even realize little sis was in the background making this a masterpiece.




So then we thought, how cool would it be if everyone was in a line jumping at the same time? We tried to recreate it but failed miserably. Did we say anything about lifting your arms Cody? No, no we certainly did not.



Now it is time for sandcastle building. We take this very seriously.


Gigi and Paw-Dad with Kyler. Dad's grandpa name was initially Grandpa. Or was it Grandad? He could never remember and was caught numerous times introducing himself with different names to Kyler. "Kyler, hi, it's Grandpa!" or "Hey there Kyler, it's Grandad!" Due to the confusion my sister decided to make his name Grandpa-Dad. Well, after a while she decided that was too long and changed it to Paw-Dad. Kinda like Craw-dad. Perfect.


Speaking of Kyler, look how adorable he is with his suntan lotion mohawk. He is so cute. Our niece Hollyn and nephew Kyler are so ridiculously adorable. Greg and I frequently discuss our concerns that we will never be able to have a kid that out-cutes those two. The bar is set too high. But then I just tell myself, even if my kid is not very cute, at least I'll think they are cute. Cause all parents think their kid is the cutest one in the world, right? Problem solved.



Here is a Kimmel family photo. Windy outdoor pictures are not the best, sorry.



Here is our attempt at a picture with Kyler. Again, not the best.



We did a bit of fishing on the trip. Dad caught a fish right on the beach.


Greg and I took the kayaks out a couple of mornings. It was nice and peaceful. We didn't catch many fish, but it was still fun. Here is Greg with his catch.


My mom planned Minute to Win It games for us each night. It was so fun. There were fun prizes involved for each game. Here is the cup challenge.


Can you feel the intensity?



For each challenge the guys went against each other, and then the girls. This one involves balancing dice.


In addition to these games, we also played lots of other card and board games. We also ended each night with a poker tournament (not for money, just for bragging rights). Good thing money wasn't involved because I didn't win at all! It was still fun though.

Thanks Mom and Dad for such a wonderful vacation!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

looks like a fun trip!! I love the jumping pictures! Paw-dad is perfect! Kyler is SOOOOOO adorable!