Thursday, August 25, 2016

Colton 10 Months


It has been another fun month with you, Colton Brooks. You are crawling all over the place and pulling up on everything. I can hardly take my eyes off of you as you are in to everything. That includes knocking down anything Cambry has meticulously set up or trying to take things away from Lainey. You are cute, funny, and curious.


Size: You weigh about 20 lbs and wear 9-12 month clothes.



Eat: You still nurse about every 3 hours during the day and I offer you baby food in between. You LOVE yogurt. In fact, you will pretty much only open your mouth for a puree if it is mixed with yogurt. And you don't like veggies. Welcome to the family. Or at least the kids' anti-veggie team of the family. You also love yogurt melts. See the trend? Anything involving yogurt. You will eat a few cheerios here and there too. I have tried giving you small bits of banana, strawberry, cheese, and avocado, but you are still very hesitant. 



Sleep: You sleep through the night about half the time. Ever since our July vacations you have gotten into the habit of a middle of the night feeding. But things are trending in the right direction so hopefully you will be back to sleeping through the night consistently soon. You take 2 naps a day - usually 1-2 hrs each. And you always fall asleep with your lovie in your mouth. And only a certain corner.


Likes/Dislikes: You love to stand. You also have a very strong desire to knock over anything Cambry has set up. Just recently you have been riding in grocery carts more. I usually wear you in the Ergo and let the girls ride in there, but sometimes we change it up. And I forgot to mention this last month but you have discovered a love for the Tupperware cabinet. You also like playing with balls and trying to roll/throw them back and forth.



Skills: You are crawling all over the place and pulling up on everything. You aren't cruising yet, but you sure do love to stand. It is so cute when you hold on to something and squat down slowly trying to pick up a toy without letting go. Also, you can say mama and dada. You don't know what those words mean but you can make the sounds. I'm not sure how I forgot to document this. I think you started doing it about a month ago. 'Dada' came first.



No new teeth this month (that I can see), but lots of hair! You make lots of adorable sounds, squeaks, growls, and babbling noises. I finally bought you a pair of shoes (since I never put shoes on bitty babies) and you seemed so proud and looked like a toddler. Whenever I dress you in big kid clothes (like a polo and pants) you look sooo old. I think it is the hair. I mostly put you in onesies so you look like my little baby. After all, you are only 10 months. Don't grow too fast! Love you, buddy!

No comments: