Sunday, March 19, 2017

Spring Break

We started off the week by celebrating my Dad's birthday. Although his recovery has been long and slow, he is doing great. My mom cooked his favorite meal (meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans) and I made his favorite dessert (apple pie). Greg planted a satsuma tree in their yard for his birthday present. Hopefully in a couple years we will get some nice fruit.



I took the kids to the zoo on Wednesday and met a friend there. We hadn't been to the zoo in a very long time so it was a nice treat. It was super crowded but we still had fun and saw plenty of animals.



Greg took Friday off work and we met some friends at the Rodeo. It was a beautiful day outside. We saw lots of livestock, rode the carousel, the girls fed camels, Cambry rode the tilt-a-whirl with Greg, they all went in the petting zoo, did the kid farm, and watched pig races. We didn't get a chance to see mutton bustin this year. Maybe next year.



I got a pedicure with a friend that afternoon and then we all went to the YMCA. Greg and I worked out together, which we rarely do. I usually take classes there but I like when we can go together and Greg can show me new things to do in the weight room.

Saturday morning we tried to go to a fishing derby in the Woodlands but the lake was so packed with families there was no room to even cast. So we left and tried out a new park. I love that there are so many great parks in the Woodlands.



Also this week we hit up the library, another park, and a couple stores. I want to treasure all the time I have with Cambry at home before she starts kindergarten in the fall. It was a great spring break.

No comments: