Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Newlywed Retreat

This past weekend Greg and I went to a newlywed retreat with our Sunday School class. We had a blast! It was at an adorable Bed & Breakfast in Roundtop. This place was huge! Each couple got their own room. There were 3 different houses on the property that the couples stayed in. There was plenty of land outside to explore and play, and a small lake/pond. Greg and my room was called the Voss Snugery. Yep, it was pretty snug. If you can't tell from the pictures, the bed touches 3 walls. We are taking up all the standing area.




Here is a picture of the main room where we had all of our sessions. It was was really cool - 3 different levels, with tons of old chairs, benches, and couches.


The speakers were really great, and provided really good teaching on building your marriage and learning to love each other better. I realize that it requires continual effort to love your spouse well. I can see how bad habits can form early. Maybe even start small. Like the way I talk to Greg or use sarcasm. I need to work on speaking love and encouragement and truth to him. Also to open up and share my heart and connect through deep conversation. Greg and I are such great friends and have so much fun together, but sometimes it is hard for me to open up and talk about the deep stuff. Marriage is so dynamic and I am looking forward to growing in at as we both learn and grow as people throughout life.

We also really enjoyed the fellowship at the retreat. I had such a great time laughing and getting to know other couples in our class as we stayed up way too late playing mafia, pictionary telephone, and catch phrase. I think Greg and I got way less sleep than we would on a normal weekend, but it was well worth it!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I'm so glad yall had a good time! We wish we could have been there too. The place looks adorable!