Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekend in Pictures

I was tagged by my sister-in-law, Jill, to post the 6th picture in my 6th folder of pictures. Here is what we got.


Greg took this picture when we were in California. I think it is really pretty; I love his close-up shots. Although I was hoping for a picture that was a bit more interesting. Something more ridiculous. Something more like this.



Oh well. Maybe next time.

And while I am posting pictures, might as well just post picture from this weekend since there were a lot of good ones. Friday we took the day off work and my parent's took Greg and I fishing out on Sabine Lake with a guide. It was a blast. We didn't catch too many fish but we had fun trying. Here is my cute fisherman.




Here are my parents. I think this is a great picture. My Mom is making my Dad's camo jacket look stylish.




After we went fishing we decided to drive through Bolivar and Galveston to see where our old beach house used to be. My parent's sold it years ago so luckily we didn't own it at the time of Ike, but it was really sad to see Crystal Beach so devastated after years and years of memories spending summers on that beach. You can see in the picture below that this row of houses is completely gone. This neighborhood actually had houses, but some neighborhoods further East didn't have a single house standing.




That concrete slab and one post was literally all that was left of our old beach house. My Aunt and Uncle's old house used to be in front of it (which would be to the right in this picture, towards the water) is completely gone along with all the surrounding houses.






Someone had started piling things up on one of the concrete slabs. I found 5 pieces of silverware and added it to the pile. Who knows if the people who owned these things will ever come back for them.




I just think this picture is cool .Greg took it into a piece of broken mirror and my parents are off to the side.


3 comments:

APage said...

That's awesome! I love your pics! It's so sad to hear more details about Galveston and the devastation there. You look SO pretty in the pic of you, even though it's a total candid shot and not even "of" you. :)

Jill said...

thanks for playinig along with the tag! I am hoping that one day yall do have a girl- b/c I have some real treasures I could pass along- her things are in fantastic shape b/c she had sooo many things

Steph said...

that flower has a face!