Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Day in the Life

Well it has been a couple weeks since I have blogged, so I need to get back on it. I have just been busy enjoying our little one. I thank God for her every day. She is such a joy! I love all her little baby noises, her faces, her adorable smiles, the way she arches her back with her arms in the air to stretch, her chunky little baby legs... Oh how I absolutely adore baby legs. Just take a look.




Things change so fast but I thought I would write down what a day is like right now with Cambry being close to 3 months old.

She usually wakes up a little after 7am. I drag myself out of bed but as soon as I see her precious smile I am ok with getting up. We start out by both having breakfast in bed. I eat my cereal and play with her in bed for a bit then feed her. She is so sweet and smiley during this time.

Next up is bath time. I put her in the bouncer in the bath room while I shower. If she is getting tired and fussy when I'm done I rock her to sleep. If she is doing ok I will bathe her. She gets a bath every other day.


Her first nap is about 30 minutes. That usually gives me enough time to blow dry my hair and finish getting ready, make the bed, and start the load of diapers.

When she wakes up I feed her and get her dressed for the day. This of course includes a headband/bow.



Most days we try to get out. A grocery trip, a target trip, shopping trip, play date, walk outside, etc. She does really well running errands. She loves to look around at new scenery.




In the afternoon it is more eat, play, sleep. I'll do little things around the house and prep dinner if it's a cooking night (I always make enough for 2 nights). I try to find different ways to entertain and stimulate her, but it is hard because there is not much they can do at this age. I read to her, give her some tummy time, put her on her play mat, in her bouncer, take her on "tours" of our house, walk her around in the Bjorn, play music and sing to her, etc.




She usually takes one long nap a day (2-3 hours), and the others are about 30-45 minutes. The problem is I just never know which nap will be the long one!

I still rock her to sleep every time. She does not fall asleep on her own (unless in the car or the stroller, in other words, in constant motion). Yes, I read Baby Wise. I guess this is breaking all the rules, but I am not ready stop. I love rocking my baby. It is the sweetest time. Well maybe not at 3am, but hey, before I know it her rocking days will be over and I will be missing this so I want to enjoy it while I can.

I suppose eventually we will start to let her cry it out. We have tried a few times to lay her down semi-awake. When she fusses, we give her a few minutes, then go in and comfort her, check her diaper, re-swaddle, put back in her paci, then walk out and stare at her on the monitor to see if she falls asleep. We repeated this several times without success. Maybe soon we need to really work on this. Who knows. This parenting thing always has you second guessing!

Anyway, when Greg gets home from work he plays with her a bit and then will walk her around outside in the Bjorn. She likes her daddy time. Then we eat dinner while she sits in her bouncer next to us. He will rock her to sleep around 7pm. She will usually wake up again before midnight
for another feeding, and then usually 2 more times during the night.

Cambry in her bouncer during dinner.


Here Greg is dancing around the living room with Cambry.





Once she is down we relax, talk, watch one of our shows on Hulu, eat ice cream, and go to bed.

I'm sure in a week it may look completely different, but that's what things look like now!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I love love this post!! Little "Candee" is getting sooo big and sooo pretty!! Having her look at books at this age is still fun even though she won't understand them. You could check out board books from the library--especially ones that are just big black and white pictures and stand them up in front of her laying down. Babies love to look at black and white patterns.

I'm so glad you are ignoring BabyWise!! It is so natural to rock and soothe your precious baby, and Cambry will thank you for it. We started sleep training (cry it out) at 4.5 months because that is when babies start being able to learn to self-soothe. It sucked! We cried! You'll love it! ;)

You are doing a great job mama!! Cambry is one happy little girl and I CANT WAIT to see her in a few weeks!!

Unknown said...

Cambry is so beautiful. I love seeing your blog updates. Reminds me of Laila being that little, and not that long ago!! Enjoy the little moments and trust your instinct, you'll know when the time is right and what to do. You know your baby best :)

Jenny said...

I can't decide who she looks like. I would scroll down and see one picture and say "Greg", then a little further "Jana". She's beautiful and perfect!

Unknown said...

I love hearing about your daily life activities...because they are about to be my own! Your sweet girl is precious!