Monday, July 15, 2013

Good Eats

We did a lot of eating this weekend. It started out on Saturday morning when I made breakfast. Since we were out of town visiting family for Greg's birthday (which was in June), I didn't get to make him breakfast that day. We have been pretty busy lately so finally we had a free Saturday morning. I made a breakfast casserole in the crock pot and monkey bread minis. I did not like the breakfast casserole at all. It didn't help that I overcooked it either. It said cook overnight on low 8 hours. I did 6 1/2 since I know my crock pot cooks faster, but it was still overcooked. Anyway, I will not be using that recipe again.


Later that day we hung out with D and little D. Cambry LOVES little D especially. Greg grilled some delicious hamburgers and corn and we had watermelon too for lunch.





D wanted to decorate a cake. At first she told me she wanted to make a hippo cake. Um, who do you think I am, the Cake boss? I don't know how to make a hippo cake. So she settled for a mini mouse cake. This was still very challenging but she did it by herself and did a great job.




Sunday evening my parents came over to babysit Cambry while Greg and I went out on a date. We had a gift card to Taste of Texas and enjoyed some great steaks. Luckily we got there early because toward the end of our meal lightning struck a transformer and some of the power went out. They stopped serving food for the night after that. After our meal we went to Starbucks and hung out for a while. 






We had a fun time but gosh we are so old I think we were home by 9! But hey I am pregnant and always tired so at least we made it that long :)

No comments: