Sunday, August 20, 2017

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall

While it technically may be summer, it is the end of the summer for us and beginning of the fall "semester". We now have a kindergartner! I can't believe it. Cambry just started and Lainey starts preschool in a week. Our schedule is completely changing and we are entering a new chapter of life.

There has been a lot of nerves leading up to the first day of Kindergarten. We had meet-the-teacher night a couple days before school started. Cambry's teacher seems so sweet and loving. Her classroom looks really fun and we have heard nothing but great reviews of the school. Even the library looks amazing with a castle inside of it.


I walked Cambry to her classroom on the first 2 days of school and she did great going in, hanging up her backpack, and finding her table group. Overall she had a good first day. By day 3 the parents had to say goodbye at the door but Cambry did great going in by herself. It is a longer day than she is used to so it will take a while to adjust, but overall I think she is going to really enjoy it. I have been praying that she will meet some sweet girl friends in her class. Who knows, maybe some will even become life long friends. My life long BFF and I met in second grade so it is definitely possible. And I am hoping to get to know some of the moms and meet some more families in the neighborhood.



Her teachers has been sending out daily questions to ask the students based on specific things they did that day so we don't just ask "how was your day?" and get a "fine". I really appreciate that! She has also been taking pictures (like they did at her preschool) so we can see what the kids are up to during the day which I really enjoy.

Lainey starts preschool in a week. She will be attending the same school Cambry went to last year. She will go MWF. I am nervous how she will do, but praying that it will be a great experience for her. We have meet-the-teacher and parent orientation this week. Although I have already met one of her teachers last year and she is so very sweet.

I still don't know exactly what our schedule will look like this year. In addition to drop off / pick up for elementary and preschool, we also have ST, OT, and gymnastics for Lainey, and dance for Cambry. We are still trying to workout time slots for therapy through school and private therapy.

Even though it is 100 degrees outside (literally) I am SO EXCITED about fall. I love seeing pumpkins and halloween decorations up in stores even though it is August. October-December is the absolute best part of the year, so why not start the excitement now? I am looking forward to fall weather, pumpkin things, Lainey and Colton's joint party coming up, I am already planning out halloween costumes, we have family pictures scheduled, and on and on the list goes.

No comments: