Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Marriage Discovery #1

Some differences stay hidden in marriage a long time. Others come out right away. This one was discovered on the honeymoon. I am sure there will be many more of these moments to write about so I am just calling this one #1.

Greg has impeccable oral hygiene. His teeth are perfect. He also is extremely neat in the way he goes about his teeth brushing. It is a whole different story with me. Why after 15 seconds is half of my face covered in toothpaste foam? Greg just stares in awe as the Niagara Falls of bubble baths foams down my chin every morning and night. I have tried repeatedly with intense concentration to keep the toothpaste inside my mouth, but I have accepted the fact that this is an impossible task for me. I usually just hang my face over the sink after the first 20 seconds and let it freely flow everywhere. Am I embarrassed by this? Unfortunately, no.

Is it because I brush too vigorously?

Are my lips just not strong enough to enclose around the toothbrush?

Is it because I run my toothbrush under the water first which creates exponential foam?

I know it isn't due to the amount of toothpaste I am using because I have studied Greg's toothpaste application and we use the same amount.

My only comfort is that last week I asked my sister if she experiences explosive foam also. She has the exact same problem! Sometimes we are so much alike it is scary. All I can say is, Cody, consider yourself warned.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Welcome to the blogging world!

My am sitting here laughing out loud - you are too funny! I am going to enjoy reading your blog - and you are going to enjoy reading it at your 50th wedding anniversary!

And you are not alone...I am a messy brusher as well...can't figure out how to keep the toothpaste in my mouth. :-)

Liz said...

Yay for Jana's blog! Welcome! :)

Abby said...

I'm a moderate foam girl myself :) I have tried to keep it in my mouth and it never happens! Anyways, welcome to blogdom... you'll love it, you'll hate it, at some point you'll abandon it and you will most likely come back. Drama, drama, drama :P

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to admit...it took me a minute to figure out it was you. I am SOOOO not used to your new last name. But your blog is HILARIOUS!!! And I know what you mean about your blog being "lame" (which it's not). But I feel the same way when I see other blogs (Wendy and Jana C. are professional bloggers). At least you figured out how to create that cool header. I haven't figured out how to get a picture as a header...let alone how to put the title ON TOP of it. LOL!! Anyway, I know I'll LOVE reading your blog...welcome!! :-)