Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fireproof


Greg and I just saw the best movie this weekend! Fireproof is a movie currently in theatres put on by Sherwood Baptist Church, who also created Facing the Giant's. I first heard about this from Chelsi's blog (thanks Chelsi for getting the word out!) She gives a great summary of the movie which you can read about here. This was the best movie we had seen in a long time. Kirk Cameron is the main character in this movie. He is a firefighter and local hero, while at home his marriage is falling apart. This movie was amazing! It was made me tear up, laugh, and it had a great love story. Not the kind of love story we typically see in movies where someone is falling in love with someone other than their spouse. This story is about loving the person you are married to. But not the feeling of love, the action of love. And this was not just a chick flick. Greg loved this movie. We both keep talking about it and encouraging everyone to go see it. I am just so excited that this movie is in theatres. I am praising God and so thankful that a movie like this is at the box office. It is not just a clean, morally good movie, but has a clear gospel presentation. It is presented so well, with great analogies and real life situations. It is interesting to read about the movie too - none of the actors were paid. Kirk Cameron was the only actor offered money, and he instead had it donated to a ministry. Also, in the scene where he kisses his wife, he doesn't actually kiss his on-screen wife. His real wife fills in for that one shot. How awesome is that! Anyway, I am praying that people go support this movie. It is rare and so refreshing that a movie like this is ever in theatres. I am looking forward to future movies that this ministry creates. So go see this movie and spread the word!


7 comments:

Sheri said...

My aunt sent me the trailor to this movie last week and I want to see it SOOO BADLY! I can't wait...

Chelsi said...

Yay!! So glad yall went to see it :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it looks awesome! B and I definitely want to go see it.

Becky Kiser said...

we saw it too and can't stop talking about it. a must see for everyone -- single and married.

The Goods said...

I like what you added about his wife filling in for the kiss scene. That was the one thing my husband was bothered by in the movie...he couldn't get over the fact that Kirk could do that on screen with his wife just sitting on the side watching.

on a side note...Jeremy and I saw you guys at Chuy's the other day...I looked over and told him..babe, I blog stalk that couple. hahaha. So, nice to meet you...I stalk you through the Littlepages blog. HI!

Jana said...

Hi Goods! Thanks for saying hi :) I blog stalk people too and always thought it would be funny if I saw them somewhere. Anyway, I would love to read your blog sometime. THanks for the comment.

The Goods said...

For sure...email me at agood@pkftexas.com

I'll invite you to see my blog :)