Friday, September 26, 2008

Need a Cake?

Note to readers:

If you are a boy, and are reading this, it is really a girly posting. If you are a girl, and are going to be offended by pictures of a lingerie cake, you probably shouldn't read this. These are not inappropriate, they are just clean, fun cakes for a soon-to-be bride, all in good taste. I think that bachelorette parties / lingerie showers should be God honoring, not trashy, and in celebration of someone entering in to marriage. But I don't know who all reads this blog, and didn't want anyone who does't know me to get the wrong idea, so just consider yourself warned.

I have had the chance to make the cakes for a few of my friend's lingerie showers, and it was really fun. How come I seem to only be good at women's intamite apparel when it comes to cakes? I feel like these ones look better than the ones I did in cake class, which seemed a lot more sloppy. These have lost of decorations though, which conveniently hides and non-smooth surfaces.

So, if anyone has a friend's shower coming up, and would like me to make a cake, let me know. Greg's hoping my cake business will take off so he can take next year off. These are cut out of regular rectangle cake pans, so I can do different designs, and different colors too. I will obviously not do anything distasteful. Here are the pictures of the cakes I have made so far. I need to get a little faster at making these. They take a LONG time. And the last one I attempted to make while watching the season premier of the Office, so that probably made me even slower. I think I need to re-watch the Office to see if I missed anything.





11 comments:

Chelsi said...

Go Jana! Those are AMAZING!!!

The Stewarts said...

WOW!!! I am impressed! You did a great job!!

Amber Knowles said...

Jana-
Are you stinkin kidding me? These are AWESOME!! Your domestic skills continue to amaze me. Ill be sure to contact you when im in need of a lingerie cake:)

Ashley S. said...

Those are super cute! You are amazing!

APage said...

WELL DONE!

Jana said...

Oh my gosh, those are adorable. I guess they are not appropriate for a baptism are they? haha(addy's baptism is next week). What fun things will you try for baby showers? I have a few of those coming up!!!

Melissa said...

I wish I had one ounce of your talent when it comes to making bra and panty cakes!! I love them!

Anonymous said...

You know you've got a good friend when she bakes you an undies cake! :)

Abby said...

I LOVE the middle one... so cute!!

Jill said...

girl- I am so proud to call you my sister-in-law!! You are like a fountain of talent!! Start working for something for Hollyn's first birthday- you are hired!

Unknown said...

Hey Jana! I just found your blog. I never knew you were such an amazing cake maker/decorator. Very impressive! I love they cakes! About a year ago I wanted something like that for my cousins lingerie party and couldn't find anything! I ended up ordering a square cake with lingerie drawn on in with icing. yours looks way better!!
~Elizabeth Arsenault