Sunday, February 1, 2009

First Official Customers

Well this weekend I had my first official customers! It was very exciting to have my first cake orders. In fact, I had 3 in one weekend!


My first official customer was my friend Elizabeth from church. I made her a onsie for a baby shower. This girl is very crafty and actually makes cakes too...just not the edible kind :). She has adorable diaper and towel cakes here. I had seen diaper cakes before, but never towel cakes - they are so creative!


The next two cakes were for a friend of a friend. This lady was so sweet - she ordered 3 cakes from me all at once! The first two were this past weekend - the boot was for a baby shower, and the wedding dress for a bridal shower. The third one is not for a couple more weeks, but it will be another wedding dress cake.


So as you can imagine, there was a lot of time spent this weekend making cakes. You should see Greg's face when he comes home and I have every inch of counter space covered in cake crumbs, cake pieces, a rainbow of colored icing bags, dirty bowls, and spatulas everywhere. It wasn't a pretty site people. But the good news is we have LOTS of cake pieces left over. I cut the shapes out of regular sheet cakes, so all the edges are saved for eating. You can't tell from the picture, but the dress and the boot are 2 layer, twice as tall as the onsie, so all in all it took 10 cakes to make the 3 cakes below.


Here are the pictures below.





8 comments:

Lauren said...

Can I start counting down for the grand opening of Bakery O Jana?

Roni said...

So cool!!

How much do you charge? We are having Mike L's shower soon (at work) and we might as well pay you instead of someone else...especially when the look this awesome!

Ashley S. said...

Wow. Just wow. Those are amazing! I wish I had your skillz. :)

Unknown said...

WOW. I am absolutely amazed! You can most definitely borrow my book. I'll bring it to church and maybe we'll see each other there or I'll look for you.

Jill said...

So awesome!!! You are good! Have you come up with a cutesy name?

Erin said...

so beautiful! you are so talented!

Albus Adventures said...

How much does the onesie cake cost and how many does it feed?

Unknown said...

Jana, your cake was an amazing hit at the baby shower! I could not have been more impressed! On top of that, the cake tasted soooo good. Everyone at the party wanted to know where I got it. You need some business cards so I can hand them out to people I know :) Thanks again!!!