Monday, May 11, 2009

A Berry Happy Mother's Day


This weekend we went over to my parent's house to celebrate Mother's day. I have the most amazing mom ever and am so proud to be her daughter. We enjoyed spending the day with my parents, and celebrating my mom.

We went out to lunch together after church and enjoyed some seafood. Then we set out to go blackberry picking. This is a Grosse family tradition. Well, not on Mother's day, and not necessarily every single year :) But, I do have great memories of growing up picking blackberries together as a family, and then coming home and Mom making a delicious fresh blackberry cobbler. So Greg and I have decided to keep up with the tradition, and go out for annual blackberry picking.

This year it was a little tougher to find good blackberries. We must have hit the jackpot last year without realizing it, because Greg and I filled up 2 buckets to the halfway mark. We froze lots of the berries, and made lots of cobblers. This year we had trouble covering even the bottom of our buckets. It was still really fun and my parent's and we both got enough to make a cobbler.




There were plenty of pretty and not so pretty creatures in the field. Here is one of the pretty ones.


After our intensive labor we relaxed in the pool, and my parents told us all about the different kind of plants and flowers in their backyard for when we have a house and a yard. Greg and I are both looking forward to learning a little about gardening.

It was a great Sunday. We missed you Kimmels! And we missed not getting to hang out with the Matterns and Bryants on Mother's Day!

No comments: