Monday, August 31, 2009

Cake Class Catastrophe


It's hard to say exactly at what point things went downhill...


literally


down


hill.


Somewhere between too much icing and heavy flowers things went terribly wrong.

Things started to droop a little in class. I whined to my teacher about my sagging basket weave and she said my icing was too thin. After a short car ride home one section had started sliding down onto the board. A couple hours later and more icing was on the table than on the cake. (The picture was taken in the early stages.)

Greg walks in and looks at my cake with huge, terrified eyes - "it's.....beautiful honey" (eeeek!)


So much for cake class #2!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Well...the side that is still on the cake looks really pretty!

Keep working at it - you have a great talent...and every great cake decorator has a 'wreck' every once in a while! :-)

Jana said...

Awww... what a sweet husband to tell you it looks good even when it has a catastophe!! The rest of it looks great. I'm impressed that you even got it that far.

Jen said...

Mine completely rolled off the side too. It must be Houston, not us. Seriously, I think it's the summer heat and humidity. I just photographed from the other side and it appeared to be beautiful :)

Jill said...

At least it wasn't for someone's party!!