Monday, May 24, 2010

Lost



Is it ironic that the same weekend that the Lost Series Finale aired, Greg and I started watching Season 1 Episode 1? It’s true. I’ve never seen an episode until this weekend. I blame it on the youth department at Church.

Greg and I are going to Camp 456 in June – our church's summer camp for 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. The theme: Lost. At the leaders meeting a couple weeks ago they played clips from the show that they put together that they will be showing to students at camp to tie in to the theme and the lessons. Oh no, their plane crashed! How are they all going to make it on that island? I had to know.

So this past weekend we were taking it easy one night, and trying to decide what movie to rent. We always have a hard time trying to find good movies, so we decided to watch the first episode of Lost on Hulu, because you know, Matterns love free. 4 episodes later we are hooked. Watching Lost is like eating thin mints. You are always left wanting more.

Apparently Greg and I just love tv series where the hero's name is Jack.

Before we go any further into Lost, I think we need to set some ground rules. Last time we watched the 24 series we had to set boundaries. It started out with setting the limit of no more than 1 episode per "school night". Then I think we just started rushing through our evening routines/bible reading time/etc, just so we could watch it. So then we moved it to only on the weekends. But we are sneaky and started expanding our definition of "weekend". We will need to clearly define all terms and conditions of our Lost bylaws.

3 comments:

Ashley S. said...

Enjoy it! You're going to love it! It gets a little slow every once in a while, but push through. It will all be worth it! :)

Jenny said...

Oh gosh. This is the same thing Joey and I did with it. We finished the last season on DVD last week. And yes, we too had to set boundaries. We decided to go on vacation this week just so we could ignore all the FB status updates exposing the Lost ending. Just kidding.

Sort of. :)

Jill said...

Y'all crack me up! I have never seen an episode either.