Sunday, May 13, 2012

First Swim

This weekend the Kimmels came in town and we had some fun family time at my parents' house.

Look at these cousins together!




We had some nice weather despite the fact that it was forecasted to rain the whole time. My parents heated up the pool and we went swimming Thursday and Friday.


This was Cambry's very first swim! She seemed to like it. She didn't cry at all and just sat happily on my hip in the water for a long time. Kyler had fun in the water too. Little Hayes just napped the whole time in Gigi's arms.









I can't wait for our neighborhood pool to open up in 2 weeks. I want to take Cambry there a lot this summer and use the baby float I got her.

In other news, this was my very first Mothers Day! I am so so thankful to have the privilege to be Cambry's mother. It is such a joy to watch her grow.

It is also neat to realize just how much your parents love you. Love for your child is such a special, unique love, and after having Cambry I am starting to understand how my parents feel toward me. Of course I have always known it and felt it from them, but now I really know. So, happy Mothers Day to my Mom! I hope to be the kind of mother she is!

Greg was so sweet and made me breakfast in bed this morning. After church we came home to feed Cambry and change clothes, then went to eat lunch at Cedar Creek in the Heights. It was a beautiful day and we sat outside. They accidentally forgot our order so they ended up giving us our meals for free - woo hoo! This afternoon we went on a walk and just relaxed. A nice end to a fun weekend.


No comments: