Sunday, September 9, 2012

Weekend Recap

We enjoyed a nice relaxing weekend. It was one of those great weekends where you don't have too much going on, but somehow it is just so nice to take things slow and enjoy family time.

Friday evening we went on a walk together around the neighborhood. We came back, bathed Cambry, and put her to bed. Then we just ate dinner and relaxed while watching tv. 

Saturday morning Greg got up with Cambry and let me sleep in some, which was wonderful. Then he took Cambry on some errands while I got to go shopping a bit on my own. I rarely get out on my own without Cambry, so this felt a little strange, but fun! I of course still lug around my big diaper bag, and didn't know what to do with my water bottle without my stroller to hold it. Also, I could easily navigate the Galleria and freely go up and down escalators (I still get a little nervous on the down escalators with the stroller).

That evening we went to a friend's house for a 30th birthday party. I still can't really believe we are in our 30's. I still feel like I am in my 20's. I permanently feel 26. When I hear people talk about people in their 20's, I lump myself in that category. Or if I see someone who looks a little older than me and I have to describe them I say - oh they are probably in their 30's. Then I realize, I am in my 30's....whoa.  I know 30's is not old, but when I was in my 20's it seemed old so now it feels a little weird to be here. Anyway, the party was fun and there were lots of other little babies there too.




This morning we went to church and then went to the outlet malls. Getting ready for church now days is so much different than in the past. Actually, Sunday mornings lately have not been stressful. The morning actually seems really long. Before we had Cambry, Greg and I would set our alarms and just get ready and go to church without a lot of extra time to spare. Now we have no need for alarms (Cambry wakes up in the 6's), and we have a much longer morning that involves family cuddle time in bed, play time, and sometimes taking pictures. If we bring a few toys into the bathroom Cambry does pretty good at playing on the floor while we get ready.


Cambry was in such a good mood this evening and we had fun chasing her all around the house and making her laugh. What a sweet little one. After bath, we read a story, sang, and then she fell asleep on Daddy's shoulder. What a nice weekend :)







No comments: