Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Cambry 2.5 Years



I thought I would give an update on Cambry since she is officially 2 1/2 years old. She is the sweetest little girl and a wonderful big sister. Here are some facts about her at this age.


  • She talks all the time. She is so funny and repeats everything we tell her. She will say things like "you have to tell mommy when you need to go potty and you will get a skittle" or "we don't push our friends. You have to share".



  • She loves watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Cars.


  • She eats a TON for breakfast. I think this is due to the fact that her dinners have gotten very small. She has gotten pickier and she often times does not like what we are having for dinner. We usually don't give her other options so I guess she is super hungry in the morning. One morning recently she ate an english muffins with jelly, an egg, grapes and strawberries, and cereal. On another morning she ate 2 1/2 eggs, 1 1/2 pieces of bacon, and 2 helpings of cereal.


  • She is currently obsessed with her "cookie dress". It is a hand-me-down pajama dress that has cookies and milk on it. Every day she has to put it on. She wants to wear it for nap or whenever we get home from being out.


  • She loves doing puzzles and is very good at them.


  • She loves Minnie Mouse.


  • She loves sunglasses and we can hardly leave home without them. As soon as we get in the car she yells - it's bright!!


  • She likes to try and make Lainey laugh. She likes to give her hugs and tickle her. But she does not like Lainey kicking her, or trying to grab her toys, or taking her monkey blanket, or getting slobber on anything.


  • She makes the 's' or 'sw' sound for 'f'. It is so cute. So she says swiretruck (fire truck), sork (fork), swall (fall), etc.



  • The other day I was in the bathroom and she was clinging to me and I said "can I get a little privacy please?". She left the bathroom, came back a few seconds later, pretended to place something in my hand and said "privacy". So funny!


  • She is a master staller at bed time. As soon as we finish the whole bedtime routine and put her in her crib she needs water, needs to use the restroom, needs another doll to sleep with, etc. One time she was fake crying after we put her to bed. I go in to check on her and I could tell she was trying to think of an excuse. She touched my face and said "I like your hair mom".


  • Which reminds me...she often calls me mom instead of mommy. She will just add it to the end of everything. Yeah mom. Thanks mom. I don't know mom.


  • The other day before nap time I was reading her a book and we were both squeezing in next to each other in the chair. She said - move out my way! I told her that was not a very nice thing to say. So she said - move out my way please!


  • She still loves to take care of her baby all the time. Basically anything I do or say in reference to Lainey she does with her doll. She puts her doll down for naps, swaddles her, gives her the paci, tries to teach her to roll over and sit, etc. She is a good little mommy.


  • She loves playing with play do and doing "crafts". Basically she just wants to use a glue stick on anything.


  • She takes one nap a day usually between  noon and 1pm. She usually sleeps for 2 hours, sometimes more lately. Although she will still fall asleep in the car if we are out and about close to her nap time. She will even transfer in to her crib usually if she hasn't been asleep too long. She usually wakes up for the day around 7am and we put her to bed between 7:30 and 8:00. She is still in her crib but I think we will take the side rail off soon.

I could go on with a million other cute and funny things about her, but I will stop here. Although she has fussy and disobedient times just like every kid, I would say the 2's have not been terrible at all. I'm sure typing that out is sure to bring out the worst now, ha! Or we will just be hit hard with the terrible 3's! But I want her to know when she reads this one day that she is such a delight. I am so thankful for the past 2 1/2 years with our sweet Cambry!

No comments: