Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mother's Day


When I am running errands I look in the rear view mirror and I see their sweet faces. When I sit down for breakfast there are 3 littles at the table and I'm glad I don't have to eat alone. When I sweep the floors there are tiny feet close by wanting to walk through my dirt pile. I am reminded all the time how thankful I am to spend my days with them. Being a mother is such a gift, privilege, and great responsibility.

Most of last year I was pregnant. My belly was huge (there is plenty of photographic proof on this blog). I was exhausted, uncomfortable, and never felt great. I didn't have a lot of energy to chase and play with my kids. I was just trying to make it each day with that big baby boy in my belly. But this year has been so nice. I am really enjoying each day with the kids That doesn't mean I don't get frustrated or flustered or exhausted. I do. My 2nd cup of coffee is currently brewing. But even in the chaos and the crying I still love it.

I am delighting in this stage we are in before elementary school days begin. Oh how thankful I am that we have a whole year before kindergarten. Cambry will go to school just 3 days a week again in the fall and I think that is just right for us. I love the fact that we still have days we don't have to change out of our pjs. We do get out of the house a lot, but it can be on our own terms.

The kids are at fun ages. Cambry constantly amazes me with how much she knows and understands and she talks all day long. Lainey is an adorable, wild, funny, and mischievous 2 year old. Colton has reached the beginning of my favorite age - hip carrying age! (That sweet and adorable stage between about 6-18 months.) It is fun to see them all interact together.

This year for Mother's day we had a nice and laid back weekend. Saturday morning we went to breakfast at one of our fave's, Kraftsman Cafe. It was delish as usual. Later after lunch I got to do a little solo shopping. Then we took the kids to the park in the late afternoon. After bed time Greg and I watched Mockingjay Part 2. I fell asleep in the last 5 minutes. It's probably the 100th movie I have fallen asleep during. Movies and cars get me every time.



Sunday after church we headed over to my parents' house. We ate lunch there and enjoyed hanging out with them. Pa and Cambry baked a cake together. I am thankful that I have such a wonderful Mother that I got to celebrate with. She is selfless and has sacrificed so much for me. She has always been there for me and still is. I'm grateful for a lovely Mother's day!


No comments: