Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Garage Sale: Office Style


This week at work we are shuffling cubicles. They are rearranging the seating so that departments can sit together. Things got crazy after the merger, so now they are organizing the seating chart. With everyone packing up their workspaces in boxes for the move, it was decided that we would have a 5th floor garage sale. Any supplies you don't want you can place in the designated room, and you can go shop around in there and take whatever you would like. You know you are a grown up in the real world when you get overly excited about office supplies. Is that a three-tiered inbox I see? You mean you are getting rid of that sweet stapler? What model is that? The super-stapler 3000? I'll take it. Suddenly all of my office supplies seem inferior. I want bigger and better. Who cares that I already have 15 bic pens in various colors. I'll fight a co-worker for that snazzy gel roller with the comfort grip. Why is your white out mouse so much cooler than mine? I'll trade you 5 boxes of medium binder clips for your highlighter-stickynote-combo pen. Who knew life at the office could be so much fun?

9 comments:

Abby said...

For me it's Post-It notes....I'm a collector :)

Abby said...

Oops, Post-It notes AND flags. My precious flags... how could I have left you out?

Unknown said...

I also looove office supplies. Colorful paperclips, sparkle pens, binderclips, fun paper, and fun pencils just make work that much better :). Enjoy your new stuff!

APage said...

HAHA-I LOVE tablets and pens and notebooks:)

Jen said...

You are a nerd. And I'm so much like that it's scary.

Roni said...

How about when Ruhee mentioned the garage sale...I go -- ABSOLUTELY...but then I wanted to hide all the supplies I had Rachel secretly order for me and interoffice over before she moved to GW4. Oh, and don't tell Julie, I know she'll be up there rummaging for good stuff!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

i love your white pencils! I love pencils in general...but those make me want a pretty desk drawer at work. all I have is a said pen cup that my coworkers are constantly taking my pink markers out of

Anonymous said...

at first I thought that was a fake drawer. It was so organized and pretty. But then I recognized the unmistakeable color-coordinated post it notes with the symbols on top and knew those were a stocking stuffer from mom. I have the same ones...but definitely not in such a nice drawer.

Jana said...

Um...oops! Didn't mean to fool people with the drawer picture. I just found it on the internet. I needed to give a mental picture to set the tone for my office supplies blog. Can't take any credit for the super cool drawer :)