Thursday, August 21, 2008

Meet the Bauers

Season 2 just came to a close for us. Yes that's right, we love watching 24. Instead of renting movies we watch episodes of 24 on DVD. Oh it is just so good. But large quantities of 24 can have numerous side effects. The most prevalent one being Greg's slow transformation into Greg Bauer. He begins giving semi-coded instructions a very quick, confident, direct voice. "Open the door, do not make eye contact with anyone, walk down 2 flights of steps and look 200 meters to the left. There will be a black SUV, walk toward it. Wait for further instruction." He also refuses to say "bye" at the end of phone conversations because that's how they do it in the movies. Also, suddenly we are much more aware of suspicious activity. This week at work we had people coming around to all the workstations making sure every one's drawer handles were the same color. Likely Story. More like they have detected some suspicious terrorist activity and are conducting a covert investigation under the guise of drawer handle inspection. So obvious.

3 comments:

Casey B said...

I went through a phase where I decided that since no one on tv said good bye that I would not either...come to find out the person on the other end does not always appreciate the higher level of "coolness" that I had just found :-)

Anonymous said...

I have noticed that too!! I guess I'll learn from Casey and continue with the "bye"'s as usual. :)

Sheri said...

you have me ROLLING!!! We got addicted to 24 as well...and acquired much of the same side effects. VERY suspicious of little things all the time. It's been a while since we've watched, so therapy works. LOL!! Although, after reading this post, I now have the urge to start back up again. I think we got through 4 seasons...... :-)