Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Weekend Happenings


This weekend Liz and Chris got married! Their wedding was beautiful and Liz of course looked stunning. Here is a picture of Greg and I at the wedding.

For some reason, going to a wedding makes Greg want to pose like a model. I'm serious. I have at least a dozen pictures of him from various weddings looking handsomely mysterious as he gazes off to the side. Does anyone else's husband do this, or is mine the only one? Oh well, I like it :)




Here are some not-so-glamorous pictures. Eyeless Smiles; they never get old. They are so hideous yet we just can't stop. Is that a camera in your hands? Quick, get a picture of me doing an eyeless smile.





Here is a cute one of the Ramseys. Love them!



And now, as promised, here are pictures from this week's cake decorating class. We have to bring a pre-iced cake to class. Here is my prep work.



Here is the final product. I tried to do paisleys. It is a teal color, although it looks blue in the pictures. I am not very happy with it. We hardly had any time to work on our cakes in class. We spent most of the time practicing different techniques on our practice board. So I actually did most of the decorating on my cake once I got home. I didn't really have time to plan out a design, so this was the result. I got a little carried away trying to incorporate the things we learned so this cake is crazy. Oh well. My co-workers had no problem eating it up. Thanks guys!


3 comments:

Jen said...

That's fun! Did you know if you dip your knife/spatula in water you get super smooth icing? I found that out somewhere in my 3rd class. That couldn't have been helpful like, last year...

Erin said...

I think your cake looks awesome... especially for your first one!

Troy doesn't do the same model pose as Greg... but I do have quite a few pics of him doing something that resembles "Blue Steel."

Anonymous said...

I like David's subtle posing behind you and Greg. :) Also I suggest that you bring a cake to NWC next weekend! You know, purely for research purposes.