Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hi my husband's name is Greg and he likes fishing lures

As an update to my last post, I recently had a revelation concerning Greg's love for fishing lures. This was quite eye opening, and something I would consider as another "marriage discovery". Let me set the scene. We are in Academy. Standing on the fishing lures isle. The entire isle is nothing but fishing lures. Greg is mesmerized. He inspects several different packs and comments on their awesomeness. I am thinking...um, they all look the same. Just different colors and some with glitter. Don't you already have 6 packs of worms exactly like that? What is so great about that spinner bait? I know you have at least 4 in your overstuffed tackle box (aka, man-caboodle). Why do you need more? And then he sees some on clearance and gets even more excited. I am thinking, they are already cheap, if you really want them, just buy them. You don't need a 30 cent sale to justify your purchase. And then it hit me. We are standing in Greg's "Hobby Lobby", on the pretty paper isle. Oh wow. It was like a wave of understanding. I pictured myself becoming giddy on 50% off paper week and drooling over all the pretty patterns. It makes perfect sense! Now I can wait patiently while Greg excitedly picks out new fishing lures, which ARE in fact different than the ones he already has, and necessary :)

3 comments:

Ashley S. said...

Cute and funny! Great connection to your last post! It's funny how similar the two passions are.

Wendy said...

Oh no...it has only just begun. My father has, I would guess, well OVER 1,000 worms (which to me, all look alike, just different colors...and I bet fish are color blind)and I couldn't even tell you the number of lures, reels, or rods. He swears they are all necessary and different. My parents had a bass boat before they had furniture. We went on vacation to visit the Bass Pro Shop is Missouri. My parents went fishing on their honeymoon (and my mom doens't like to fish!). And he was happy I was born on a non-bass tournament weekend. Paper is one thing (and I totally understand you on that one!)...fishing is a totally different animal. Good luck! ha ha! :-)

APage said...

So proud of you sis! You are an amazing wife already as you are able to have discernment into Greg's point of view. Hard for me to verbalize, but I'm really encouraged by your post and while it's so humourous, that is also a HUGE life lesson and one that is already and will continue to strength your marriage!
;))