Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;" John 11:25

Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body, through death to present you holy in His sight, without blemish and free from accusation - if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. Col 1:21-23b


Happy Easter! (a day late)


I am not sure how the Easter bunny and Easter eggs got started, but the true meaning of Easter is definitely something to celebrate. Not that you can't enjoy some of those things (I did get to participate in an adult Easter Egg hunt this weekend which was really fun!), but the true meaning of Easter is so much more worthy to be celebrated.


Wish I would have posted this before Easter, but I found this great site with some really good Easter sermons from some of the great Bible teachers. Oh and by the way you can still listen to them even though it is after Easter :)



This weekend we celebrated Easter in Waco spending time with Greg's family. We hadn't seen them since Christmas so it was nice to spend a couple of days hanging out with them. We also got to attend Hollyn's 1st birthday party! Here is the cute birthday girl. It is pretty hard to get a picture of this wiggle worm, but even though she isn't always looking at the camera she still looks adorable.


That is Hollyn before her party, and here is their pretty family.


Hollyn had an adorable ladybug themed party and Jill had everything decorated so cute. I was honored to get to make Hollyn's cake. Here is a picture of me and the little birthday lady with the cake.





Hollyn likes cake almost as much as me.



Oh and by the way I finally created a "cake gallery" of my cakes on the right hand side of my blog. I posted better pictures of the ladybug cake there.

Back to our weekend....We relaxed Saturday afternoon, and then had an adult Easter Egg hunt. Hollyn is too little to hunt eggs really, so the adults got to have egg-hunting fun. Greg's parents hid money filled eggs throughout the house. It was an intense and highly competitive hunt. Luckily, no injuries.
That night went out to dinner together, and came back and played games. We went to church together on Sunday morning, and then Greg's grandmother cooked us a ton of delicious food. It was a great weekend.
We also did a little Treasure hunting on Saturday morning (aka geocaching). So fun. I will write more about that in another post.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Oh my, I LOVE her cake!! You've got me scrambling, trying to think of an occasion to order a cake from you! I'm making Micah's cake for his birthday (I've already done two trial runs :P) but I will think of something else!

Jill said...

You are way better than me- already blogging! I gotta catch up! Again- I appreciate all your hard work sooooo much. Hollyn wants to say something g g g g ggggggggffd

you can interpret that however you choose!

Unknown said...

Wow Jana! You are so good at making those cakes girl! I can't wait to order my next one from you!