At 32 ½ weeks I am…
- Still feeling good! I am so incredibly thankful for this. I have noticed a tiny bit of nausea coming back here and there but it is not much at all – definitely nothing like the first trimester.
- Sleeping well. I get charlie horses fairly often, but other than that I don’t wake up much at night.
- Realizing how the belly really does limit me physically. Getting up from laying back on the couch, getting out of bed, bending over, putting on tennis shoes, shaving, painting my toenails, etc. all require much more effort. Sometimes I forget how far my belly sticks out there, and I bump it on things or I try to squeeze through spaces that are too tight.
- Loving the expectant mothers parking spot at the grocery store :)
- Enjoying reading other peoples pregnancy blogs. I love to google the week that I am on and search for random people’s blog posts for that week. It is fun to see pictures and read their symptoms. However sometimes it makes me feel like I need to get on the ball when I read how other people already have their bags packed at this point, the nursery completely done, their car seat installed, etc. In my mind I still have 7 ½ weeks to get things done, but I know I can’t really count on that because she could come early.
- Having major restless leg syndrome – usually at night when I am relaxing. I have to wiggle and flail my legs all about because they just get so antsy.
- Maybe having a few Braxton hicks contractions? It is so hard to tell if she is just bunching up really tight or if I am having a Braxton hicks. I think I usually have about 1 a day where my stomach gets rock hard. It doesn’t hurt, just feels strange.
- Starting to feel a little sad that I won’t be pregnant for much longer. This may sound so crazy, but it is true. I really have enjoyed pregnancy and think it is such an amazing miracle designed by God that women get to experience. Ok, then of course there are times when I feel huge and feel nauseous and look down at my blimped up spider vein cankles and think it will be nice to get back to normal. But overall it is such a fun time. It is like the engagement period – where everyone is so happy for you and there is so much excitement and anticipation. Of course the marriage is way better than the engagement, but there is something so fun and exciting about that short period.
Also this weekend some sweet friends threw me the most wonderful baby shower. That deserves a post of its own though.