Friday, October 21, 2011

Baby Shower

This past weekend some sweet friends threw me a beautiful baby shower.

Here are the hostesses - these ladies know how to throw a shower!


They worked so hard to make every detail absolutely gorgeous. Everything was so special and well thought out. Here is the food table.


Here is the delicious dessert table. Cake, cake balls, chocolate covered strawberries, mmm!


This clothesline was so precious. I cannot wait to dress her up in all these adorable clothes. Look at that tu-tu!


My Dad's cousin Sandy, and Aunt Thelma were so sweet to drive in from Austin for my shower. Aunt Thelma will be our baby's great great Aunt!


And Greg's mom and my 2 sisters in law were so sweet to come in from Waco. I felt like it was my wedding weekend again having all this family in town! It was so fun.



* All of the above photos were taken courtesy of Mr. Waller. Thanks Dave!!



I am sad I didn't get pictures of more friends at the shower. I was starting to make the rounds but then I think we started playing a game and I got distracted :)


The Grosse Girls...


The pregnant Grosse Girls.


I just have to share some of the hand made gifts I received. I have such talented friends! One of my long time childhood friends, Christine, who now lives in Missouri makes diaper cakes and she sent this for the shower. I can't believe she made this! That is a little tu-tu onsie that is around the diapers. I don't want to take it apart though - it is too pretty.


My sister is super craft girl! She has always been crafty but I feel like in the past several years she has gotten into everything. From re-doing furniture, to sewing things on onsies, there is no stopping her!

I love these little onsies she did. If you are wondering what the "C" stands for, we are pretty close to deciding on a name, but have not made the final decision. I will share it once we have finalized it.


She also made these precious headbands and clips. I love them! These were on the diaper cake she made that was on the dessert table.


My sister in law Jill can scrapbook like no other. She made me an amazing wedding planning book and also helped Greg make an awesome scrapbook for when we got engaged. She made this scrapbook to document that first year of Baby Mattern's life. This picture doesn't even do it justice - each page is so detailed and beautiful. And all I have to do is put a picture in each month and I have the most wonderful memory book!



Liz's mom makes the sweetest smocked baby clothes. She has an Etsy store here. She made these 2 darling dresses. I think I may be bringing the baby home in this white one.


Abby makes all kinds of crafty things and I was so excited that she made this taggie blanket for me. I love the different textures and the ribbons and I know baby will too!


And lastly, my friend Emily made this adorable little lamb. I absolutely love it! It is hard to tell in the picture but it has Jeremiah 29:11 on it. So sweet.


Whew, this was a long post. Of course I got so many other gifts that I adore - from the cutest dresses imaginable to every day baby necessities that will be so useful. Greg and I felt so blessed by our generous friends and family and could not be more thankful. I am so excited to meet this little one!

No comments: