Monday, February 20, 2012

Recipes

I wanted to share 2 great recipes. First up - Energy Bites! My sister made these for me right after I had Cambry. They are such a yummy snack and very easy to make. And they are not too bad for you either (well compared to a cookie or other baked good). They contain oats, peanut butter, unsweetened coconut, honey, unsweetened cocoa, flax seed, mini chocolate chips, and vanilla. I felt cool and healthy making something with flax seed - ha! I didn't even know where to find it in the grocery store. Turns out it is in the "healthy/organic" section of Kroger. Good to know. Ever since Lauren made these for us, we have been making them constantly. They may not look extremely appetizing, but they are delicious. The recipe is here.



Next is Chicken and White Bean Stuffed Peppers. The recipe comes from here. I can't remember whose blog I saw this website linked from, but I saw this recipe on there and thought it looked great. Next time I make it I will add more seasoning/spice, but other than that I thought it was delicious and so healthy. It was a bit time consuming though. Cooking is different now with a baby. I make things in stages throughout the day. I also try to pick easy recipes or crockpot recipes. Although this was neither, I made it on the weekend and thought it was worth the time. Yum!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Yumm-o! I've had something similar to the energy bites and they are yummy. I will have to try the stuffed peppers. Yay for flax seed!