Monday, June 24, 2013

Recipe Review: Chicken Avocado Soup

I pinned this Chicken Avocado Soup recipe a while back and finally made it tonight. I love soup. I thought this was really good. I forgot that Greg had a church meeting tonight where he would get Mission Burrito, so he didn't get to eat it but he did try a bite before he left. He said he really liked it.

I thought it was a bit similar to this soup I made a couple months ago, but I think I like this one better. It was very quick to make. I did the shredded chicken in the crockpot as usual. That takes some planning a few hours ahead, but requires hardly any effort to throw chicken breasts in there and let them cook. The actual making the soup part was very quick and easy. I didn't really do the layering thing the recipe mentioned though. I didn't have extra green onion besides the amount I sautéed in the soup, and I just added my shredded chicken to the soup while it simmered. I did chop up the avocado and add it to the bowl once I served it. I would definitely make this again! It is not a super filling soup, so it may be good to have something else to go with it (salad, bread, etc), but was yummy.

No comments: