Thursday, April 18, 2013

Green Chili Chicken & Lime Soup

I tried this Green Chili Chicken & Lime Soup recipe this week.



I did what I always do now for recipes that call for shredded chicken - make it in the crockpot. It is the easiest way by far. I put in the chicken breasts while they are still frozen and pour a little broth on top. I put it on high for about 4 hours then pull it apart with forks. 

As usual, I made a couple changes to the recipe. I used mild Rotel because I didn't want it too hot and I wanted Cambry to eat it. I also used only one can of green chilies instead of 2. Instead of basmati rice I used the Uncle Bens 90 second whole grain brown rice because it is easier.

Greg and I both liked it. Cambry definitely gobbled it up. At first I wasn't sure if I would make it again. I mean, it was good, but I have other soup recipes I like better. But it grew on me and I actually liked it better the second night. So I think I would make this again. It is definitely good with avocado and crushed tortilla chips on top.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Sounds tasty! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to give this a try soon..and hope Lids enjoys it as much as Cambry did!