Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Life With a Newborn






Lainey is 2 weeks old! Although it feels like we have had her much longer than that. Taking care of 2 is an adjustment! Thankfully I have had lots of help so far. Greg was off work for the first week, and then my dad helped out a lot the second week. This week my mom is helping a couple of days.



Lainey sleeps a lot during the day. She usually has her longest wake times in the evening and gets fussy during that time. She eats every 2-3 hours (sometimes less) and only takes about 10 minutes to eat. At night she has been doing a 4 hour stretch, followed by two 2-3 hour stretches. She is pretty good at going back to sleep quickly.

She is starting to like bath time...or at least tolerate it. At first she would just scream and cry the whole time but her most recent bath was pretty peaceful. We tried giving both girls a bath at the same time a few nights ago. Cambry was in the tub and Lainey was in her small plastic tub resting on the sides of the big tub. Complete disaster. They both cried the whole time. We may wait a while before attempting that again.

At Lainey's 2 week checkup she weighed 8 lbs. 10 oz. (71%), was 22 in. long (100%), and her head was 14 in. (57%). 


Yesterday I took Lainey out for the first time by myself. We went to Target while my Mom stayed home with Cambry. Then I took Lainey that evening to the HMB contributors meeting. She was fussy off and on but thankfully the restaurant was pretty noisy. I haven't been brave enough to take them both out my myself yet but I will report back when I do.

I have been practicing wearing the moby wrap but so far it just frustrates me. I really want to like it, but it just seems so difficult. But I am not giving up yet. Cambry likes to wear her babies in a wrap when she sees me practicing.


I love both my girls so much. Lainey is just so sweet and tiny. I can hardly remember when Cambry was that small. I love just snuggling with such a tiny baby. Love you Lainey bear!

3 comments:

Fiona said...

Aww how I miss those sweet snuggly newborn days! She is gorgeous!

Tracy Cummings said...

So sweet! Sounds like she is doing so well! I'm amazed that she only takes 10 minutes to eat at 2 weeks old and eats 2-3 hours! It took Cooper 1 full hour to each every time, I was going crazy. Anyway, I'm so happy for you and your precious family :)

Katharine said...

Watch a video of someone putting on the infant hold. I did that and then managed to get Remi in the right spot and he liked it