Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Adventures in Fishing

The other weekend we went on a little fishing adventure in Katy. Greg found some lakes and creeks so we brought our poles and a picnic lunch and headed out. This was Greg's first time to use his new fly rod. Fly fishing is all he has been talking about for weeks. He has been searching ebay auctions for flys. Making me quiz him with name-that-fly. We just watched a River Runs through it. Has anyone passed by a field and seen a man standing on the 30 yard line practicing casting a fly rod? That would be my husband. So I'm glad he finally got a chance to use it. We only caught one fish each, but it was fun, and we will definitely be going back to find more lakes. Here I am trying catch us some dinner.



Here is Greg's catch - an infant perch. I caught the same thing.

In case it is too microscopic to make out in the picture, here is my catch on the 5x zoom.

At some point in our trip, I contracted poison ivy on my ankle. Poop buckets. The only good thing about poison ivy is that it is an excellent threat to your husband when he has you in a headlock. It is like the secret weapon. "Keep it up and I will rub my poison ivy all over your whole body and face." It would be the best special power in Mario Kart. Bowser may have the spiky turtle shell but you have poison ivy. Anyone who rams into you or that gets rammed into, will immediately begin itching all over, rendering them temporarily useless and unable to drive.

2 comments:

Jill said...

you also have the ablitity to make me laugh out loud!!hvvbnn mff v t - all of that was from hollyn- i think she says can't wait to see ya!

Jill said...

i meant always not also- blame it on my lack of sleep