Thursday, September 11, 2008

Let's Hunker Down Folks

Today, at 10:00 AM I am blogging...from home. Yippee! We just got sent home from work. They had to shut down the system to back it up, which means no one can do any work. The office officially closed at 11:00AM, but everyone was told to leave as soon as their desk was cleared off. While I am hoping Ike will avoid us, I am extremely excited for the days off. I don't think any work was getting done in our office anyway. We were probably overloading the internet server with everyone refreshing the projected paths in 5 minute intervals.

Now thanks to Ike I have a 4 day weekend. But it is a big storm and could possibly cause lots of damage. I am praying that it would be in God's sovereign hands. Also, I am praying for Jenny and Bonnie's weddings, which are this Saturday! My friend Lindsy is getting married on Saturday too (which we are unable to attend), but hers is in Dallas so hopefully the effects won't be so bad. I am just praying that no matter what happens, all 3 brides will have a wonderful, special wedding day they will enjoy, even if it is not exactly as planned.

So what does one do for the rest of the day to prepare for a hurricane? Well I was going to do all of our laundry and dishes so that if they electricity did go out tomorrow night, at least we would have clean underwear. I divided the laundry into color sorted piles, then went to put the first load in. The washing machine won't start. Hmmm. No water. I go to the sink. No water. How is this happening already? I am hoping it is just a fluke and comes back on soon. But now I am trying to decide what to do. It is very pretty outside. I am considering putting on my swimsuit, grabbing a book, and going out by our pool. Would that be ridiculous? Or just plain fun? Hopefully they don't have to ask me to get off the lounge chair so they can put it all away.

1 comment:

Kyna said...

You all are crazy! (she says with a long drawn out zy) I'll be praying for your safety.