Tuesday, April 24, 2012

DIY Headbands

I may have a slight addiction to making headbands for Cambry. It is just so much fun dressing up a little girl.


Here is my most recent headband.



I started with the following supplies - white knee highs (50 cents from Walgreens), pink flower (a pack of 2 attached to bobby pins was in the dollar bin at Walgreens), green flower from a Hobby Lobby hydrangea I had, needle/thread, hot glue gun.


I cut off the thick elastic part of the knee high and then just stitched the ends together. Yeah it is messy, I don't know how to sew.




Then I just glued the green petals to the back of the flower for a leaf, and sewed the flower onto the headband. 



There are also so many great tutorials online so I'll share the ones I have found that I like.

I used the tutorial found here for this white felt flower. For the center I used a button and covered it with fabric using hot glue. I also added a leaf made out of scrap fabric. I don't know how to sew, so I just folded it and hot glued it until it looked like a leaf. I glued a clip on the back so I can just clip it on the stretchy headbands from Hobby Lobby.


I used this tutorial for the yellow flower. 



The link to the template is here. It makes a really huge flower so instead of starting with the biggest size on the template I think I started with the third biggest size. Then I cut out two of each size starting with that one and getting smaller.




I used this tutorial for the white satin flower.


I love doing crafts and I am always on the look out for more easy tutorials. And preferably ones that do not involve any real sewing!

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

I will be making some of these very soon. Thanks for sharing.