Thursday, July 31, 2014

Stitch Fix Round 2

Well I just got my second Stitch Fix in the mail yesterday. When I opened it up I instantly loved 4 out of the 5 items. I thought they did a great job of picking things out that I would really like. Well, except the 5th item. Something went wrong. Terribly wrong. You'll see below. (If you don't know what Stitch Fix is you can read my first post where I explained it here)


I like this dress and it fit well. It is navy and white, although it almost looks black in the picture. It is pricey, so I probably won't keep it...but still deciding.



I love the color, the print, and the length of this shirt (tunic). The only thing is the belt. I don't really think belts over top of shirts are flattering on me. I have tried them in the past, but I just wasn't crazy about this one. I can't decide if I should keep it and wear it without the belt. You can't tell from the pic since the belt is holding it in, but it is very flowy with no belt. I really wish it was just a little more fitted because I love the pattern.


This is a Daniel Rainn shirt. I only know that brand because I have another shirt that brand and it is one of my favorites. It came from Nordstrom Rack. I have seen a lot of that brand there and tend to like the style. I really like this shirt but it is a bit too big. The arm holes go really low so I would have to wear a tank under it because it shows my bra. I may ask them if they have this in a smaller size so I can do an exchange. This shirt is black and it is hard to tell but there are some really pretty details.



I like these skinny jeans. They actually fit well. Although I suspect they may "grow". You know how you try on jeans in the store and are like wow these are awesome and then you wear them and a couple days later they have stretched out 3 sizes and you are like WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED, I HAVE BEEN TRICKED AND I JUST SPENT A TON OF MONEY. You know? I fear that may happen with these pants. I think I am going to tell stitch fix no pants from now on. They have picked out cute pants for me both times, but it is just near impossible to find the perfect fitting pant.



I am not sure what to say about this dress. It was hideous on me. You can't quite tell with the sash around it how HUGE it is, so I took a picture without it. The sleeves are so long and loose and the dress is just a house. It is a size small so apparently this is the look they were going for. It is not a tunic, it is a dress. I do love chambray and would like to have a top or tunic, but one with about 50% less material. But to give the stitch fix people credit, it would be very hard to pick out clothes for another person so overall they did good.



I thought this box was better than the first. I think I may just try to see if they have a different size in the black shirt and send back the rest. So even though not much has worked out either time, somehow I still want to do it again. I guess I keep hoping that each time with a little more feedback I will get better stuff. I really do need a few new clothes and I just don't have much free time to shop. I had a referral credit on this one so even if I send it all back I am not out any money. If anyone does want to sign up - you can do it here.

No comments: