Monday, March 21, 2016

Colton 5 Months


Size: You weigh 16 lbs.9oz (58%). You wear 3-6 or 6 month clothes and size 2 diaper.



Eat: You eat about every 3 hours during the day and usually twice at night...sometimes 3 times (eek!). I am trying to make you go longer stretches but sometimes it is just easier to feed you than to try over and over to rock you back to sleep or let you cry. You also have reflux. You usually spit up 3-4 times over about a 30 minute period after eating. I hope it gets better soon because I know it bothers you.



Sleep: It hasn't been a great month of sleep but not the worst either. I feel like things are starting to improve a little. And even though I am pretty tired most days, I really can't complain. I know it is just a stage and I don't want this stage to pass quickly. I just love babies. In the middle of the night I am like AAHHH NOT AGAIN I AM SO EXHAUSTED, but during the day I'm like I'm not even sure what happened last night but coffee is my BFF and he's so cute so who cares. 



Likes/Dislikes: You like being held. Like, ALL THE TIME. It started when you were sick a couple weeks ago. Yep, you had your first sickness this month which I'm pretty sure was roseola. So understandably you were fussy and wanted to be held. But then it continued past the sickness. It has gotten better but sometimes you still don't like to be put down. But you are scrumptious so I forgive you. You still like baths, chewing on toys, grabbing everything (hair, ouch), and sucking on your hands and toes.


Skills: You grab everything and put it in your mouth. You don't roll over much, but you can. You make funny sounds like you are trying to talk to us. 



You just recently fell into somewhat of a schedule. You usually wake up around 7am and take 3 naps a day. The first one is around 9am, then maybe 12:30pm or 1pm, then around 4:30pm. The first two naps are anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. The last one is usually only 30 minutes right before dinner time. Bedtime is 7:30pm. We didn't do too much this past week during spring break so I think being home a lot helped with the schedule. So we'll see how things go with normal activities this week. School drop off/pick up always makes it harder. 

Well little buddy, you are such a joy. I can't get enough of your huge smile, and your little rolls. Your hair is filling in and getting longer. I give you a million kisses a day. Your sisters love you but especially Lainey. She can't get enough of you. She is instantly drawn to you and hugs you over and over again. I'm not quite sure you appreciate so much close love, especially when her hugs look more like head locks. But she thinks you are the cutest thing ever. And so do we!


No comments: