Sunday, March 20, 2016

Cooking, Shopping, and Partying

Egg Hunting

This past week our small group got together for a family night instead of our usual mid week Bible study. We did an egg hunt for the kids like we have done the past couple of years and Kristen did the resurrection eggs with the kids. Our group has 17 kids now. SEVENTEEN. Ages 0-5 years. And there is one more coming in a couple months. I really can't believe that only a few short years ago none of us had any kids. And now we are almost up to 20. Whoa. If you are wondering what it's like when we all get together...it's chaos. Kids everywhere. But lots of fun.





Shopping

This weekend we hit up the Cypress outlet malls. The kids were pretty good overall. And as usual we had Charlie's Subs for lunch. They always get us with those delicious free samples. We try to walk away but it's impossible. They are probably so unhealthy but luckily we don't go to the outlets too often. I was looking for a dress to wear for Easter but didn't have any luck. I recently ordered a cute dress from ModCloth but had to send it back because it didn't fit and they were sold out of the size I need. Greg found a couple things at the outlets and I bought a couple gifts for people and a couple dresses for Cambry.

Cooking

I have been a little obsessed with recipes from SkinnyTaste lately. I have tried Mexican Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas, Beef Tomato and Pasta Soup, Balsamic Chicken and Roasted Vegetables, Chicken Taco Chili Stuffed Peppers, Breaded Pork Cutlets with Lime, and Petite Turkey Meatloaves. They have all been delicious and I will make them all again in the future. And this week's menu includes Crock Pot Asian Pork with Mushrooms, Grilled Lemon Dijon Chicken Skewers, and Black Bean Avocado Cucumber and Tomato Salad. A lot of these recipes are easy to prep ahead of time and then just stick in the oven. And a couple of them are slow cooker recipes which I sometimes prep at night after the kids are in bed and then I can just turn on my crock pot in the morning. Prior to this new SkinnyTaste kick, I was feeling like I was low on good recipes. It seems like I have tried out a lot of Pinterest Recipes that were not keepers. They weren't necessarily bad, but just kinda meh. Or they were too time consuming. So thank you Gina for all the good meals!

Celebrating

Last weekend we celebrated my Dad's birthday. My parents came over and Greg smoked some delicious ribs. They weather was great so we spent time outside while the kids played. We concluded the festivities with an apple pie from Flying Saucer and of course BlueBell on top. Happy Birthday Pa!



No comments: