Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sick Day

When I was a kid, if my sister or I got sick we would get the royal treatment. My parents were so sweet and compassionate towards us. My mom would line the couch with comforters and a couple pillows for us to lay on all day. We would get our meals served to us on a tray on the couch. My mom would buy us crossword puzzle books or a magazine or rent a movie. It was so nice you almost didn't want to get better, ha!

Cambry is sick today so we are just hanging out at home on this rainy Wednesday. She had a fever yesterday and this morning, but it seems to be gone now. Last night she was very restless. She had a runny nose and a cough. We went to the doctor this morning and she has little red blisters in the back of her throat which they said indicates a virus.

She seems to be doing better already than she was last night, and even though she is a little fussy I am still getting smiles. As for her royal treatment, I am holding and rocking and reading to her more, and letting her nurse as often as she wants...which is all the time! I even let her sit on my lap and watch some of her Praise Baby DVD, which up to this point I have only let her listen to.

I am thankful that it is nothing serious and that I get to stay home and love on my baby.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Hope she is feeling better soon! :)