Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Costco

I went to Costco today. To find out what the hype is all about. I have been to Sam's before, but it was years and years ago. Never been to Costco. I feel like my friends are always getting these rare and wonderful treasures there. Like yummy organic snacks that they are feeding their kids or healthy easy pre-prepped meals.

I've gotta say, I don't think I will become a member. I mean, I got a few good things, but the large quantity of things just doesn't really work for us. We have a fairly small house. Our pantry is really just a tall cabinet. Our bathroom doesn't have a ton of storage. Our closets are small. I am not complaining, I love our house. But we don't have room to store 3 gallons of mouthwash in the bathroom. Or an 80 oz bottle of ketchup in the pantry. Or a six pack of cooking spray.

And it seems to me the more you have the more you use. If I know I have 3 extra bottles of salad dressing in the pantry, I am going to be pretty liberal. Why risk not putting on enough? Give it an extra pour or 3. Is there a pool of dressing left over in my salad bowl when I'm done? Who cares I have enough to last until next November.

But if I only have one, I will use the precise amount I need and maybe a little less. Don't want to run out.

Maybe I will be a Costco fan in the future if our family expands or we have more space. But for now you'll find me at Kroger.

No comments: