Sunday, May 12, 2013

Graduation and Mothers Day

We went to Dallas this weekend to see my brother-in-law graduate from Dallas Theological Seminary. We are so proud of him and that huge accomplishment. It was a fun weekend hanging out with family. They had party at their house after the ceremony with friends, family, and lots of yummy food. Cambry had a blast playing with her cousins.





We got back to Houston on Sunday afternoon. We took Cambry to a splash pad by our house. She didn't seem to enjoy it like she did the other day. Maybe the water was too cold for her.





Here is a picture of me and my girl. I am so thankful for this sweet little one. I am blessed to be her mother. I can't imagine life without her - she brings so much joy. Being a mother is the very best thing in the world! I am also thankful for my own mother who is an amazing mom. It was fun spending time with my parents this weekend. And I feel so fortunate to have such an amazing mother in law. I didn't get to see them this weekend but Greg's parents are coming to see us soon and we are looking forward to it.


We didn't have any big dinner plans since we were tired from being out of town this weekend, but I requested a salad for dinner so Greg made some really good chicken for the salads. It reminded me how we used to do Super Salad nights before we had Cambry, and I think they were on Sundays. I have been majorly craving spinach salads lately. Tonight was spinach topped with chicken, black beans, tomato, avocado, and tortilla chips.

Then after dinner I went and got a snow cone. There is the best little stand right by our house. I got half cake batter and half cookie dough! I had never tried those flavors, but I thought they were really good. I usually get fruity flavors like watermelon and banana. That probably sounds so gross but I love banana snow cones. I am not sure what made me try it in the first place because it even sounds gross to me, but I have liked them ever since I was a kid.

Well that pretty much wraps up our weekend. Still counting down the days until we find out the gender. 11 more to go!

8 comments:

Jerimiah thomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerimiah thomas said...

You'll have great set of question that you may answer in two sentences. To get more detailed info on Sokisahtel - Katsikute kingitused ja kingiideed, visit on hyperlinked site.

petersmith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alina Smith said...

A good goodbye and farewell wishes have the right touch of humor and lightness in the air. To really make your goodbye and farewell wishes and greetings to stand out, you can take photos with your digital camera.

charliesmith said...

There are several Dungeons and Dragons Ideas for Players out there. The big thing is to get the idea out there that you can do anything you want and you don't have to be nice. Get detailed info about d&d gift ideas on this site.

Alina Smith said...

This is because it helps them remember to do the things that they missed out on during their youth, while having fun at the same time. For more info about retirement messages, visit here.

Elizabeth said...

Are you in the market for a universal gift card? Then read this article! It contains helpful information on this topic! The Universal Gift Card is an excellent choice for any employee incentive program.

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.