Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Life Lately

1. About a month ago we went to a friend's 2nd birthday party and the girls got to come dressed up as princesses. It was such a cute theme. I think I was more excited to dress up the girls than they were. Cambry did not want her hair in a bun but I insisted she would look adorable and she did. This is my new favorite picture of the 2 of them. Beautiful girls!



2. Cambry finally likes swim lessons! I am so proud of her. We are going to do lessons for 1 more month and then stop when preschool starts. Hopefully we can start up again sometime in the spring.

3. Cambry is also starting to get really excited about baby brother coming. When I was pregnant with Lainey she wasn't even 2 so she had no idea what was coming. This time though she gets it. She has been wanting to watch the Daniel Tiger episode where Daniel gets a baby sister. She has also been wanting to hold Lainey like a baby (which Lainey does not like or cooperate for, ha!). Cambry will kiss my belly or put her hands on it and ask if he is moving. She gets really excited to feel him kick. She told me today she is so excited to meet her baby brother. It melts my heart to see her excitement. Although I try to explain that we still have about 2 1/2 months but I know she probably doesn't understand how long that is.

4. I took Lainey to the allergist today and she is not allergic to milk or soy, so that is good news. However, that only tests for a true allergic reaction, and can't test if it upsets her tummy. All we can do is trial and error. So mac&cheese is for lunch today and we'll see what happens.



5. Cambry has been asking about the Trinity lately and I have no idea how to explain it. I love to see how God is working in her heart and her curiosity over deep questions. She will ask how is Jesus God's son but also God? She will ask if Jesus got hurt on the cross and if God got hurt too. I mean...wow. I don't think any adult even fully understands the Trinity so how in the world do I try to put it in 3 year old terms?

6. It has been HOT in Houston lately. This is no surprise obviously because it is August but wow every day in the triple digits. We have been going to mall play areas and other indoor play areas and just doing play dates at friend's houses because I cannot even handle stepping outside for more than a few minutes.


No comments: